Monday, July 19, 2010

Around the Twist

Growing up in Ontario we watch a lot of shows on TVO (It's one of those publicly funded TV stations) and one of them was "Around the Twist".

I didn't really think about it at the time but it's an Australian show, an award-winning children's show actually! AND... the other day I found out that Joe used to watch it when he was little. I think it's so weird that Joe and I were into the same things even as kids, but on the other side of the world.

I learned that the show was based on a book series written by Paul Jennings. Joe apparently loved his books as a kid and still has a bunch of them. And funny enough his little sister was reading one in school!

After a little research, I've learned that the show was primarily filmed at Split Point Lighthouse, at Aireys Inlet, Victoria (about 125km from Melbourne). It was produced at 4 different times with 3 different casts between 1989 and 2000. (In case you were interested)

The show was about these kids who lived with their dad in a lighthouse. They got into all kinds of mischief, most of which now seems pretty strange... There was a lot of super-natural sorta stuff, ghost, etc. It was also kinda rude now that I think of it... but as a kid I just found it hilarious!

BUT... the best part was the theme song. This version is a bit different, but if you're questioning whether you've seen the show or not, have a listen to the song... once you hear it you'll know if you had!!!

"Have you ever... ever felt like this..."



Just to Claire-ify.

1 comment:

  1. Claire! I totally watched this show when I was younger and I had no idea anyone else even knew what it was!

    ReplyDelete