Thursday, June 24, 2010

Earthquake?

This morning I woke up to discover (thanks to Facebook) that there was an earthquake at home yesterday.

This is the first time that something "big" has happened that I haven't been around for. My first reaction was disbelief, then "holy crap is everyone ok?" to asking how big it was. Then I automatically signed on to skype to see if my family just happened to be online. Sadly they weren't.

I checked out "CHEX" (our local news station) to see if they had anything about it... And they did. It actually made me laugh more than anything!

Side note:
In high school, my sister and I would stay up just to watch the 11pm news because it was so funny!


From what I watched it seems that the earthquake wasn't that big of a deal. It was much heavier in Ottawa and western Quebec than it was at home, but still... it's difficult being on the other side of the world when things like this happen.

This is something I am not looking forward to while I'm in Australia... I can't control anything that happens there, and if things happen that I can't control I can't be there right away!

Just to Claire-ify... NOTHING SCARY/IMPORTANT SHOULD HAPPEN WHILE I'M HERE! Ok?

1 comment:

  1. i actually didn't even feel the earthquake claire!!But i was watching glee later in the storm and all the power went off! from pc

    ReplyDelete