Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"What do you do when you see a spaceman??... Park in it man!"
Unless of course it's a parking spot for a disabled person or a space for people with small children in their car.

I'm going to rant... I promise I won't make a habit of this... I like to keep my blog as positive and uplifting as possible!

Going shopping with a little one is NOT an easy thing. It takes me at least twice as long to get ready to go, I have to allow time for getting John in and out of the car-seat, add in stroller set up and take down time... believe it just takes longer.

But this is not my rant.

I really don't mind that it takes longer! I don't go shopping that often and when I do - I just allow more time!

When you finally get to the shop you basically fill up half the cart/trolley with your diaper bag and green bags before you even begin to shop!

But this is not my rant.

This next one is a "hot climate specific problem"... Once you finish your shopping and get back to your car, what do you do first?? You have your baby in the cart/trolley and it's hot outside! But it's even hotter in your car! WHAT DO YOU DO FIRST? This is what I do... I put John in the car first, leaving the door wide open (hoping for a breeze) and then I turn the car on and blast the air-con (even though it doesn't really make much of a difference until the car is moving). Then I quickly load the shopping... but then comes another problem... if there's no cart/trolley rack nearby what do I do? I'm not about to leave my child in a hot, running car to go return the trolley! So... I just leave it as out of the way as possible, and hope someone will come and collect it soon! It's the best I can do.

But this is not my rant.

Some very nice person came up with the idea of adding parking spaces for people with small children in a lot of carparks. They're usually right next to the shop - second only to disability parking spaces. Having the "Baby parking" (as I call it) is great! The spaces are usually wider that allow for a safer place to park your cart/trolley to unload, set up and take down stroller and of course awkward climb into that backseat to get your child in and out of their car-seat.

THIS IS MY RANT...

Nothing bugs me more than when people who do NOT have small children, park in those spaces! I've seen middle-aged couples park there, parents with kids who jump out of the car on their own, and (this is the worst) people who DO have a car-seat in their car... but no baby with them!

Ok... now I'm finished my rant. Thank you for reading! And to parents who don't have the luxury of these parks and have to struggle getting in and out of your car... I salute you. I guess I am a bit spoiled!

Just to Claire-ify.

No comments:

Post a Comment